Saturday, September 13, 2008

Garlic Mashed Potatoes

I really love making (and eating!) mashed potatoes...they are my favorite Thanksgiving food. I only list general ingredients below, because everything depends on how many potatoes are used. I have used many kinds of potatoes, but for this particular recipe I like straight up russets the best. Ming Tsai said that he prefers to add cold butter to his mashed potatoes, and that is how I almost always do it.

Ingredients
Potatoes
Cream
Garlic cloves
Butter
Salt

Instructions
Peel and then rinse potatoes. Roughly chop. Boil potatoes until no longer translucent. Meanwhile, heat cream and minced garlic in a separate pan. Once potatoes are done, drain and then put back into pan. Strain cream and garlic mixture (to remove garlic) into pan with potatoes. Cut butter into pieces and add to pan along with salt. Mash to desired consistency.

No comments: